Wednesday, July 25, 2012

FEEL the PROGRESS

Haven't written in a while.  I haven't weighed myself for a bit either.  But that is for a reason.  I think its unhealthy to become OBSESSED with numbers.   Then your mind associates low numbers with how you feel about yourself and I don't like that. I can FEEL that I'm still dropping the weight.  I was a size 18 in jeans 3 weeks ago.  Today I fit comfortably and a little loosely in size 14.  And my waist is even smaller than that. I have a very hourglass figure with big hips and a tiny waist.  I am LOVING my curves because they are becoming defined and toned.  As of 3 weeks ago my BMI was 32.3 which is in the moderately obese range.  Today my BMI is 28.2 and I am now only in the overweight range.  That is HEALTHY progress.  My main goal is to be healthy and to feel good about my body. My goal is NOT to be thin just because society tells me that that is the only way I will be beautiful.  I know people that are obsessed with the numbers and want to lose weight just to be a certain low number because to them that NUMBER means beautiful.  What a sad way to live your life.
I am loving the progress and the increased energy.  So many people have been so great in supporting me.  My mom and husband have been awesome.  Steven knows that I will feel better about myself when I am healthy.  My birthday is on Friday and Steven asked me what I wanted. I said a low-calorie cookbook and a scale.  I'm pretty sure that is what he is getting me. I told him that if this wasn't a pre-approved gift a wife might be upset if her husband showed up with a scale and low-cal cookbook for her birthday present.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Good job! What are you doing to accomplish this? I feel the same way, its not about the number...you just gotta love yourself and that is better than any number on the scale. I am me no matter what the scale says! We love you and support you at any weight!
    Sherri Funk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am keeping a strict food journal where I write down everything I eat. That way I am accountable for what I am putting into my body. I am attempting to exercise as much as possible. Not the easiest with two kids under two but so far its going pretty good. I'm eating healthy and trying to consume food that is good fuel for my body. Trying to make a lifestyle change vs just binge dieting. Thanks for your love and support!!! :) Hope all is well out there for ya'll. Love you guys!!!

      Delete